Wednesday 20 July 2016

Tamiya 1:72 Mustang - Adventures in Alcladland

Hello again,

Almost completed Tamiya little jewel of a kit. I used Alclad II chrome, aluminium, dark aluminium and finally burnt iron lightly sprayed along the panel lines to provide some contrasts. As recommended by Alclad's instructions, I used a gloss enamel black as a primer, polished with Micromesh to a "glass-like" finish, and sprayed the entire model with Chrome. The result is shiny, very shiny, in fact WAY too shiny for an operational machine. But in the end I decided I actually liked it and could live with it. And it reminded me of that quote in "My name is Nobody": "You shine like the door of a whorehouse. A blind man could spot you ten miles off"


Here's the pictures:




One final word of advice: On their website, the good folks at Alclad's recommend you wrap the bottle in a rag or something before shaking it. In case the tiny metallic ball tries something funny, like escaping its surroundings. I can only say one thing: DO IT! You don't want to end up owning curtains that look like they have been customized by Jackson Pollock....



Happy Modelling!

Treflon



No comments:

Post a Comment